Friday, May 28, 2010

Vacation

My exams ended on the 19thMay and the next day I was off to Bangalore.I finally went for a trip after a really long time.I visited Bangalore , Mysore and Ooty - a short trip of 1 week.I was very excited because I was going on a trip after a really long time and more so because it was going to be my first flight.20thMay arrived and I was jumping like a little frog according to a friend of mine. :P Flying was good.Indigo planes are very punctual, and the aircrafts are designed in a very sexy manner. The maiden flight of mine was a thrilling experience, flew through storm, saw rain on the windows and lightning too.Touched down Bangalore.The airport is huge,the airport in Kolkata seems so tiny if one compares it with the Bangalore one.The cabs are cool over there, the one thing that struck me was that almost everyone could speak and understand English in order to carry on their business so unlike Kolkata.The roads over there are really well maintained and the metaled roads also sport shades of green on their borders.Th roads leading up to the airport are quite sexy.We halted in bangalore for one day and ventured around the city the best part about the sight seeing was the trip to Banerghata National Park. the safari was awesome.Experiencing the national geographic stuff live felt really amazing. From there we went to lunch at MTR but our cruel luck denied access to the restaurant.We went to Kamath which thankfully was open and lunched there.The lunch was not out of the world , but a different cuisine felt delightful to devour.

After filling our hungry guts we went to see Lalbagh Botanical Garden.I didn't see much of the place because I met my first best friend there- Ashesh.It was really awesome to meet him after 7long years.The world is not a huge place.The rendezvous brought back some really sweet innocent memories of childhood.It was nice to see that he had not changed.Mom clicked pictures of the place in my absence as the official photographer of the trip.After Lalbagh we went to Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace, there is a thing about their architecture , a typicality which I don't find anywhere else.

The next day we started off early for Mysore, on the way we stopped and saw Seringapatna Tipuz capital and the place where Tipu Sultan died.The temple of Vishnu over there was really nice.Again the South Indian architecture drew my attention the most.The carvings on the walls on the temple were really fascinating.From there we went to Ranganthittu a bird sanctuary.Another national geographic experience.The boating was really nice.

Mysore our next stop was ok.Nothing great except for the Mysore Palace.The palace exuded grandeur of a different level.I had come across nothing of that sort till then.After seeing the palace and getting drenched in the Mysore rain we went back to our hotel.The rain kind of spoiled our mood and we didn't risk driving to Chamundeshori hills.Shopping time was secluded only for the evening during which I got pathetically bored.The dinner at RRR an Andhra style restaurant was a horror.The chicken biriyani tasted deliciously insipid!After a sour dinner with hunger still ringing its knell, we had to satisfy ourselves with Cafe Coffee Day delicacies.

After Mysore we started off for Ooty.The drive to Ooty was amazing, especially the drive through the Bandipur forest.On the way to Ooty we saw some deer and on our way back we saw elephants.The peacefulness , the deathly silence of the forest except for the sound of the engine was really seductive in a very non amorous way.After a while of silent drive I noticed the gradual elevating gradation of the place , the gentleness of the region was gradually giving way to a different color to the place - it was becoming steep.The mounting of the hill in first gear and second gear is a very fascinating and exciting experience.After sometime I spotted a sign board giving directions to the "Queen Of The Hills - Ooty".Ooty was the place I had been really looking forward to.I love mountains, loved my once a upon a time trip to Darjeeling and Sikkim ...loved the Himalayas, so I was really looking for ward to experience the grandeur and the magnanimity of the Nilgiris.The hills of South India did not disappoint me.We had booked a cottage and the place was lovely.It was breathtaking beauty.The cottage the numerous hills , the wispy clouds and the several houses that dotted the skin of the hills and the never ending green.

We stayed in Ooty for a couple of days.The place is really nice.Cool will be the exact word to describe.We went to Coonoor the day after we arrived at Sinclairs , that is the hotel where we stayed in Ooty.The drive to Conoor was amazing.We drove through forest , with tea gardens on our sides , with clouds descending as we moved upwards.Got ourselves clicked by a photographer at Dolphin Nose a view point in Coonoor.The hills are very photogenic, as a matter of fact nature in totality is photogenic, be it plains, mountains, rivers , seas , the deserts or the forests.

Through out the trip I hogged like anything.Even though the food disappointed me at places hogging was fun and was the order of the day as it is in Kolkata.Clicked loads of pictures which I will be uploading after a few days, this delay caused due to a glitch in my computer.The trip was excellent , it calmed my nerves, I have got back my focus.I realized a lot of things while on the trip.The much needed break seems to have rejuvenated me once again.All in all I loved the trip ...I really enjoyed my short vacation.

2 comments:

  1. Please try to upload the pictures as soon as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u might get a bit disappointed.i need to send my cabinet for a check up and get it fixed..it will take some time...but i shall upload the pictures as soon as I get back my cabinet. :)

    ReplyDelete